Ludlow Trunk Bar Cabinet
($1,599) Pottery Barn
31 December 2013
30 December 2013
29 December 2013
28 December 2013
27 December 2013
26 December 2013
25 December 2013
24 December 2013
22 December 2013
20 December 2013
18 December 2013
17 December 2013
16 December 2013
15 December 2013
14 December 2013
13 December 2013
12 December 2013
‘Tis the season to drag your tired but fabulous self to countless shindigs, soirees and to-dos, even though you would rather stay home and watch reruns of The Real Housewives. Here are some tips on faking fabulous at a party.
- Like a breath of fresh air, never linger too long.
- Perfect the infectious laugh. This requires very little effort and people will love you for it.
- Make up stories about the origins of your jewelry. Suddenly your broach from The Limited is a family heirloom.
- Bring a fabulous gift, preferably something from an exotic country with an interesting story. For example, “Rebel forces shot at me trying to get these precious spices.” Totally get said precious spices from The Fresh Market.
- Be mysterious. Take a call from your cell-phone and speak in Russian.
- Smell amazing. Always leave a room smelling better than when you entered.
- Showcase your joie de vivre with a spontaneous tango or aria.
- Make a grand exit. Think “So Long, Farewell” from The Sound Of Music.
- For a hasty retreat you can always fake a seizure or fainting spell.
10 December 2013
Worlds are colliding. The cast of Downton Abbey is going to be on Watch What Happens Live. Tune in tonight at 11 on Bravo for the fabulousness.
09 December 2013
Stella Crema da Sogno Body Cream
by Tocca ($45) Sephora
I actually found this Tocca Body Cream at T.J. for $20. It smells good, feels good and the packaging is faboosh. This gets my Fabulous Alert seal of approval.
"The classic scent perfectly captures the refreshing and uplifting spirit of the Italian blood orange with its slightly sweet, fresh scent."- Sephora
08 December 2013
07 December 2013
Pantone's color of 2014 is Radiant Orchid. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's no Tangerine Tango or Emerald Green. It's going to take me a while to process but I'm hoping I'll come around. I got over my short-lived aversion to blue which now seems unimaginable. We simply had a falling out.