31 July 2009
30 July 2009
29 July 2009
28 July 2009
In my real life I’m a copywriter at an advertising agency, that in my imaginary life is just like Mad Men’s Sterling Cooper. With the help of “Mad Men Yourself” on AMC’s Mad Men website, I’ve merged the two worlds. Here I am at Sterling Cooper sidling up to dreamboat Don Draper. I think he might make out with me. I couldn’t figure out how to get rid of Peggy, the other female copywriter, who quite frankly scares me. Men Men premieres August 16th at 10/9 central on AMC!
27 July 2009
26 July 2009
25 July 2009
24 July 2009
“Featuring over 1,500 engravings that originally graced the pages of Webster'sLove the cover by the way!
dictionaries in the 19th century, this chunky volume is an irresistible treasure
trove for art lovers, designers, and anyone with an interest in visual history….
From Acorns to Zebras, Bell Jars to Velocipedes, these alphabetically
arranged archetypes and curiosities create enigmatic juxtapositions and
illustrate the items deemed important to the Victorian mind. Sure to inspire and
delight, Pictorial Webster's is at once a fascinating historical
record and a stunning jewel of a book.”
23 July 2009
22 July 2009
- Daniel Vosovic
- Santino Rice
- Jeffrey Sebelia
- Uli Herzner
- Mychael Knight
- Chris March
- Sweet P
- Korto Momolu
21 July 2009
- FML (F**K My Life): Having a bad day? Someone somewhere else can top it. Misery loves company.
- Sly Dial: Sometimes you just want to go to voicemail. This takes you directly to mobile voicemail.
- Shazam: What’s that song? Just hold you’re aPhone up and this will give you the name of the song, show the video and connect to iTunes where you can purchase it.
- Period Tracker: Log your ladies time or, like my friend Victor does, track your co-workers’ cycles.
- People: He did what? Keep up with the latest celebrity gossip.
- Brushes: This is what Jorge Columbo used to create original artwork for The New Yorker cover. Mine is going to happen any day now.
- Around Me: Tells you what restaurants, gas stations, banks, hospitals, hotels, etc. are nearby. Great for travel.
- Remote: Control iTunes on your computer from your aPhone.
- Open Table: Need a reservation for twelve? Open Table will hook you up!
- Urbanspoon: Where to eat today? Specify genre and price range and this slot machine will find the right place for you.
- Zillow: How much is that house worth? It’s almost embarrassing what you can find out these days.
- SnapTell: Take a picture of a book, CD, DVD or video game and it gives you more information and price comparisons.
A special thanks to Drew and Victor for sharing your app aptitude with me. Love you guys!
20 July 2009
19 July 2009
16 July 2009
“Wouldn’t it be nice to have something beautiful and sparkly on your finger. I
can make you happy. Unlike earrings, you can look at me all day as you type
away…thanklessly. I would go with practically everything in your wardrobe. Plus
you’re not married so you don’t have to worry about me clashing with other
rings. Sigh…you certainly can’t wait for a man to buy you a ring. You have to do
that for yourself. You love yourself don’t you? I’m like a symbol of that love.”
15 July 2009
No one could rock a babushka like Little Edie of Grey Gardens fame. The HBO version of Grey Gardens is out on DVD today, but of course there’s nothing like the original. Grab a scarf, some vintage jewelry, a stray raccoon or two, and have yourself a Grey Gardens film festival. It’s just so wonderfully weird.
14 July 2009
13 July 2009
12 July 2009
10 July 2009
09 July 2009
08 July 2009
07 July 2009
06 July 2009
Summer is about to get even steamier. Dapper dreamboat Don Draper is coming back August 16th for the third season of Mad Men. For the uninitiated, that’s just enough time to get caught up on seasons one and two. Queue those babies up and enjoy the shark-infested advertising world of yesteryear. Gentler times? People had better diction and decidedly more elegant chip and dips, but human nature was just as ugly if not uglier than it is today. Check out Jon Hamm poking fun at Don Draper on Saturday Night Live.
05 July 2009
- Coco Before Chanel with Audrey Tatou (in theatres 9/25)
- Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky with Anna Mouglalis (theatre release date TBA)
- Coco Chanel with Shirley MacLaine (on DVD 7/7)
03 July 2009
02 July 2009